12th Annual Day Instructions:
1. Reporting Time for all contests 9.00 am
2. Slot/Topic allocation and start of the events 9.15 am
3. Since we have too many participants in each event we plan to hold the contests simultaneously in the morning session. All must be present when their name is called.
4. Spelling Bee word list is already published in the communication folder- Class work Home work folder. Preliminary round will be written format and the final will be on the main stage. Children will have to write the word on the board and tell its meaning and use it in sentence. In case of tie break the judges will use their discretion.
5. One minute talk- Set of three participants will be on stage and a common topic will be given and when one speaker speaks the other two will watch for mistakes and stop the speaker. The speaker will be scored for the seconds he/she spoke until then. The chance to continue will be given for the participant who stopped the speaker. The same process continues and the speaker who is still speaking at the 60th minute will get extra points as well. The mistakes to be pointed are 1. pause, 2. stop looking for words 3.stammer 4. Use of English or other language words. Judges decision to approve the call is final.
6. AD ZAP – Teams will be given topics at the registration desk. The teams will have to enact an ad to promote the product. Creativity, originality, all round team participation.spontaneity and humor, use and pronunciation of Tamil language will be the judging criteria. Topics will be daily use products like pen, pencil,TV, Phone etc.
7. Dad and Me session will be held in two parts. Preliminary round is written where both the dad and the child will write answers to common questions separately and the second will be on the stage discussing the answers.
8. Scrabble contest is open for all. Parents are welcome to participate. No registration fee for parents from our school.
9. Two of our students will receive the Bilteracy seal this year and we will have special felicitation ceremony. NJ state department official Maria Romero will be our guest of honor. We have other eminent personalities including Dr Vijay Janakiraman, the Harvard Tamil Chair proponent coming as our guests.
10. All exam scores and pass certificates and awards will be distributed after lunch.
11. All parents please help us coordinate the event by maintaining discipline and silence during events. Children are not supposed to be running and making noise. Kindly hold on the small children to yourself next to your seats. This helps the participating children perform better.
12. Retests for non qualifying students and make up test for students who missed the regular test will be conducted on 20th Thursday at 4.30 pm. There is no formal class on 20th but parents who want to meet the staff and share any questions and clarifications can come between 4.30 and 6.00pm.